Thursday, June 20, 2013

T-Ball, Game 1

This summer we are venturing into the world of sports! That's right, folks...cooper now plays t-ball!

First of all, let me just say that the teacher in me has a hard time sitting on the sidelines and not being in control. When I see some disorganization it makes me cringe. I am practicing letting go through this sports season we are in. The coaches don't need my input - they can figure it out. And if they don't figure it out then we can all learn some lessons. I was glad during this week's first game that I had my camera in hand. It helped me sit back and relax. So, I guess we have my practice of letting go to thank for the following pictures and videos.

Have you ever watched a 3&4 year old t-ball game? It's hilarious! The hour game was free entertainment for those watching on. It's really just an hour of practice. There is no score. There aren't really any "outs". It's hit the ball, try to catch it, and see if you can get to the correct base.

It was funny to see Cooper hit the ball and then instead of running to first base, run to his own ball.

It was funny to see Cooper run the bases with the opposing team instead of trying to catch the balls they hit into the outfield.

When someone would hit the ball, the whole team would run for the ball, then run to the base. So, you'd have about 5 orange shirts surrounding the one yellow shirt as they ran to first base.

We had fun watching the game. We are extremely proud of Cooper. He is best at hitting the ball. He's also got a good arm...but throws too far for the littles he's throwing to. He was a (pretty) good listener, and he was attentive and interactive the whole game.

The orange team and coaches

practice

huddle before the game

waiting his turn to bat


there was rarely a moment he wasn't smiling

these sweet girls decided to sit after the first inning. Flowers are so much more fun! 
Play 2nd base? No, I'll just play with my coach instead.


proud daddy and love of my life

one ball, three players trying to get it 

game over! 







We've got 5 more games! In august we get to try our hand at soccer.



No comments:

Post a Comment