Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful.

This week during one of my quiet times, I read Psalm 103. I realized while reading it that while I have a lot to be thankful for, to HIM goes all my thanks.

"Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me." Psalm 103:1-2

The chapter goes on to describe all the good things He does for us. Here's the list I made from reading the chapter.

  • He forgives all my sins.
  • He heals all my diseases.
  • He redeems me from death.
  • He crowns me with love and new mercies.
  • He fills my life with good things.
  • He renews my youth.
  • He gives righteousness and justice to those treated unfairly.
  • He is compassionate.
  • He is merciful.
  • He is slow to get angry.
  • He is filled with unfailing love.
  • He won't constantly accuse me.
  • He won't remain angry forever.
  • He doesn't punish me for all my sins.
  • He doesn't deal harshly with me.
  • He has removed my sins - as far as the east is from the west!
  • He is like a father.
  • He is tender.
  • He is compassionate to those who fear him.
  • His love remains forever.
  • His salvation extends to the children's children of those who obey his commandments.

"For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth." Psalm 103:11

His love for me is big. His love for you is big. We have all we need in him. Let's be thankful.

Thanksgiving #TBT - Cooper's first.

No comments:

Post a Comment