Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Maine Part 6: Sunrises, Hiking, Gardens, and Birthdays; our last full day

Our last full day in Maine was started early. Early as in being up before 4 am so we could see the sunrise. On the top of cadillac mountain is the first place the sun is spotted in the US. So, we couldn't not partake. It was cold. It was windy. It was early. But it was beautiful.
Sunny skies in front of us.

Moonlit sky behind us.

Can you see where it's coming up?

First look.



This guy. Oh, this guy. On one of our hikes he said "To think that God made all of this, but it still wasn't good enough, so he made us." I love him for speaking that. I thought about it all week. I still think about it. I love that he loves Jesus. 




After breakfast we headed back to Acadia, where we hiked to Bubble Rock. It's this big rock that is kind of hanging/kind of standing on the side of the mountain. Pretty crazy!








Then we headed to another hiking spot. On the way we stopped at a local garden, Azalea Gardens.

Our last hike was a place by a nice inlet of water. A little ways up the mountain, Andrew realized he wasn't going to make it due to a really bad headache. So, he and I headed back. I'm glad we did. There was a point where I was sure he was going to pass out. Anyhow, we perched ourselves next to the water until the others got back. I watched a precious little girl in a pink tutu bathing suit explore the freezing water with her mom and dad. I watched kids play in the shell sand. I napped in the sun. It was such a peaceful moment.
Add caption

Andrew's headache face. My "my face is still red" face.

When we got back we were all quite hungry. We ate at a place called Route 66. We also ate at a pizza place for dinner. So much food happened this trip.

Also, this day was Adam's birthday. He got some pumpkin whoopie pies, and we made him wear this birthday pin. Hope you had a great birthday, Adam.




1 comment:

  1. The sunrise pics are fabulous!!! I love how you can see the moon, waaaay up in the sky in the second one!

    ReplyDelete