Monday, September 24, 2012

Coffee Date Monday - Fall is Here

We can finally say "it' fall, ya'll" for real and not just because starbucks pumpkin spice is back, or because it's cooler out, or because everything in us is ready for some change.

This Saturday was officially the first day of fall. So, Happy Fall, Ya'll.

The leaves are changing. The colors of earth look different shades - the blue of the sky and the green of the grass are deeper colors. The warm clothes are replacing shorts and t-shirts in the closet. 

This morning is the perfect morning for snugging under a blanket in the Sale house. The temperature dipped down into the 30s last night, causing me to put cooper in his warm pajamas, and add a quilt to our bed. It makes for a great snuggly morning.

Andrew was gone for a few days this week. He left Wednesday and got home late Friday night. He left again yesterday afternoon for a staff retreat. I'm excited that he gets to go have fun, learn, grow with the people he works with. But I was very sad he was leaving again. It was so nice to have my helper back. 

Maybe that's because he let me sleep in til 9 AM on Sunday! It was a cause of celebration. There was much rejoicing. 

Another cause of celebration: Last night Cooper was in bed and ASLEEP by 7. So, a sleeping boy, no husband, time to myself...didn't know what to do! So, I caught up on a few emails and phone calls. Turned the Emmys on, but then felt this whisper from God to spend time with him.

I've been wanting to start a new bible study on the book of Ecclesiastes but it's kind of a deep one, and I needed some good time to myself. Last night was the perfect opportunity so I started it. And I'm so glad I did. It was the exact thing I needed to read and meditate on. 

Today my to-do list is big. So, I should end this post here.

What about you? What are you up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment