Thursday, April 3, 2014

Praying for his future.


Cooper and I have been home for about two days from a trip to Florida. While I will write more about the trip later, there is something I wanted to share.

On this trip Cooper and I had a lot of alone time. We did a lot of special things together. One of those days I took him to the beach. It was "cold" and cloudy, but we made the most of it and had a great time. Driving to the beach that day I prayed for him and his future wife. I prayed that he would take her special places. I prayed that the example I'm giving him of meeting his love language will help him learn how to love his wife.


Then once at the beach, I pondered his future. Who will be the one who captures his heart? I really hope its a girl who loves Jesus. I really hope she builds a life with him the way I built a sand castle with him that day. By listening, working together, and lots of smiling. I really hope she looks at him and smiles with her whole being. I really hope she takes walks with him. I really hope she sits by him. I really hope she can handle his quirks, his personality, his zeal. And so I prayed for her. I prayed God would set her apart, and help form her into the woman that Cooper will need, will love.







When we left the beach, my heart was so full. Cooper really is growing up. There is so little control that I have in all of that. But there's power in handing it all over to God. Letting him have control of Cooper's future. That day on the beach I gave a piece of that future over to Him. Which is maybe why this beach trip holds a special place in my heart. I made this video for Cooper to help remember the special day that it was.





No comments:

Post a Comment