Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No pictures, but great memories.

There are so many thoughts going through my mind that I will be able to share at a later date. Until then, know that my life has been a whirlwind the past couple of weeks and it doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Please keep my family (Andrew, Cooper, me) and my extended family on my mom's side (my mammaw is not doing well) in your prayers.

Currently we are in Nashville, TN. Andrew has his last training this week, and since I have cousins here, we decided to make a week of it and come stay a while. I can't tell you how wonderful it has been to be here with family. Many of you often hear me talk about my Nan and the legacy she left. At her funeral several years back, I looked around the room and realized that the family she had left believed in the Lord. I can't tell you how encouraging and peaceful it is to be with that family she left behind. A family who truly loves each other, has fun with each other, and serves each other. It has been a growing experience for Andrew and I. I hope that at my funeral, you are able to look around and see the same legacy. I want my family to love the Lord and each other. To my Nashvillian family: thank you for your love, your time, your service. We hope to come back and see you as often as we can.

I brought both of my cameras with me this trip. Both camera batteries have died, and I forgot both chargers. SO, no pictures this post, but I will share two great memories from this trip.

First, the funny.
Cooper has found that thing that hangs between his legs. It took me a few days to realize that we needed to tell him what it was. He would point to it and just look at us with a curious face. So, we taught him what it was "penis". He says it "eenis". A couple nights ago I was giving him a bath and talking to him about Jesus. He then said "eezus" and pointed to his penis. Not quite, Cooper. Jesus lives in our heart, not our penis. It was funny that he got them mixed up. I hope it's not a mix up that lasts very long.

Now for one of the most precious memories.
Cooper and I were sitting on the couch the first night we arrived in Nashville. He patted me on the shoulder, then put his face real close to mine, kissed me on the mouth, and patted me again. He then looked at me and with all sincerity he could muster up, said "uv you". I then told him I loved him too. He smiled big and sat back. This was the first time Cooper has stated his love for me without being prompted. Talk about a melted heart, swelling with love and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment