Friday, June 28, 2013

A summertime miracle - photo dump and random happenings

This long past week was a long and busy one for us.

We've experienced a few mornings of summertime miracles. I call summertime miracles sleeping in. The sun comes up so early here and Cooper has a hard time sleeping in during the summer. Well, this week we've experienced an 8:45 am wake up, and a couple of 8:15-8:30 wake-ups.

This past weekend I did my best to wear cooper out - mostly using means of the pool. I think it worked. We have spent more time poolside this month than we did all of summer last year. Apparently Cooper snapped this picture at the pool on Friday.

We also spent the night at our friends house. And I got to do my morning quiet time with this amazing view.

We had breakfast with them. And they served Cooper a huge plate of bacon. And he ate all of it!

When we left they uttered life into my child. "We love you, Cooper. You are important to us." That sentence cause God to move in my heart in many ways. I need to tell Cooper he is important. Thanks for speaking life into my child (and me!), Lee.

Andrew was out of town last week. I was uncharacteristically emotional with him gone. I'm not sure if it was him being gone, God working on my heart, or the super moon - maybe all of them combined. Cooper was been emotional, too. Every morning the first thing out of Cooper's mouth - "Is daddy home yet?". He's also said many times, "I miss daddy." And one time "I miss daddy forever." It did seem like it was a long time.

Cooper's T-ball game was cancelled this week because of weather. But he still had swim lessons...which sometimes stress me out. He fights putting his head under water, and practicing is like pulling teeth. If practicing for swim is any sign of what we're in for when he has homework at school we're in trouble.

By the end of the swim lesson Cooper did so well! I'm hoping it was all our time in the pool this week, but I have a feeling it was more to do with bribing him with a chocolate chip cookie.


I could probably classify this video as a summertime miracle, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment