Monday, October 31, 2011

Coffee Date Monday: Happy Halloween!!


Today I've got creamer, no worries! And for whatever reason my coffee today is quite delicious.

If you were over today, I'd probably hand you a rag and the pledge and ask you to help me dust. Mondays are my dusting days, and my back is killing me. Usually when my back hurts it hurts in the lower region. Not so today. It's the upper part of my back, and i have no idea how it started hurting. It just did. I've also got dishes soaking in the sink. Wanna help me with those, too?

Today I would undoubtedly talk to you about the weather. How boring and old-lady-ish, right? Some days the weather is quite refreshing. The crisp air feels wonderful. When the sun shines the color in the sky and on the trees is beautiful. (A lot of trees, actually, are without leaves). However, when the sun doesn't shine, it's not as refreshing. It just makes you want to stay in bed. Something I'll just have to get used to, I guess. With the cold weather coming, we've discovered some things we need to get. An ice scraper, flannel sheets (our sheets are so cold when we get in bed at night...do they make flannel crib sheets?), and some electric blankets.

Cooper got a package in the mail from his great Gramma and Grandpa this weekend. They are TowMater slippers (the tow truck from cars). He loves them. He prances around in them and lines them up. Cooper can't say the sound yet so when he says it he says, "S"owma"N"er.

Yesterday Andrew was on a run and Cooper and I had a dance party. When Andrew walked in Cooper yelled "Dance Party". During one of our dances, Cooper stopped and hugged my legs hard.

Today is the 6 year anniversary of Andrew' dad's death. I can't believe how much has changed since then. Sometimes Andrew and I talk about how much his dad would have loved Cooper.

I am so happy to be in Ohio. There are a few reasons, one big one is that here I get to stay home with Cooper. The other really big one is that we get to be a part of a wonderful, healthy church family. It is a breath of fresh air to us and it is helping us heal. Each sermon it seems I hang on every word that Dwight preaches. I take lots of notes, and I don't throw them away. I reference them and study them throughout the week. The women I've gotten to know are down to earth, caring, and just overall awesome. They are the type of women I know I can learn from and look up to. The church is also doing a wellness program with the staff. Today Andrew is getting blood work done, and he is going to get an individualized plan of health over the next 6 months. He is very excited because he's never had this done, and he's excited to see his health change in the coming months. In the past few weeks he has lost 18 pounds! Yay, Andrew!

Today is also....Halloween! Cooper is dressing up this year, and we are actually going to try our hand at trick-or-treating with him. So far he has highly enjoyed pumpkins (although he hated touching the inside) and movies, and his costume. I hope he enjoys trick-or-treating, too. This year we have to make sure he is warm enough under his costume.
As you can see from the pictures, Cooper is going to be a sock monkey. Pretty fitting, right? His new favorite thing is Curious George. One of the movies is on Netflix and he asks to watch it at least 3 times a day. I have memorized the movie by heart at this point. He also carries around his own stuffed monkey. They play together, take naps together, eat together, and go "night-night" together.

What are your plans for Halloween?

Well, the dishes are still in the sink and the house is still not dusted. Off to be productive!

Love you.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite of the monkey costumes I've seen. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the costume!!! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete