Monday, October 17, 2011

Coffee Date Monday: Candy Corn COOKIES

So, I've been thinking about changing up my blog a bit. I would like to do some weekly posts on certain days, about certain things. Today is the first: Coffee Date Monday.

Every Monday I will have a coffee date with none other than....YOU!

It is no secret that I have come to love coffee. I have always enjoyed it, but ever since the birth of Cooper, it has become a morning staple. Not just mornings, though, some afternoons and evenings, too. And, it's really hard to resist a coffee date with someone. It is hard to do coffee dates right now because 1)There's no coffee shop close and 2)The people I would really like to have a coffee date with are far away. Most of them, anyway. So, welcome to my remedy. On Mondays, I will drink some coffee as I write, you can drink some coffee (or tea, or water, or pop, or whatever you like to drink) as you read. So, take a comfy seat, kick off your shoes, and let's chat about what's on our hearts.

If we were on a coffee date, this is what I'd share with you today:

I would tell you about how Cooper is starting to talk more and more with 3 word sentences. "I want some" and "sit on it" were the two most frequented this morning.

I would tell you about how Cooper likes to "help" me in the kitchen. Great because it entertains him, also crazy because I'm pretty good at making messes, and when he "helps" an even bigger mess is sure to be made.
I would tell you about how Andrew and I talked the other night about how one day Cooper is going to move to another state across the country.

I would tell you about how I am really trying to savor each moment in each phase of Cooper's life, because one day he'll walk out our door to live a life of his own.

I would tell you about how God and Satan are battling in my mind. Doubts about where we are and how I long for good friends here.

I would tell you about how God usually kicks Satan's butt because I quickly remember that Andrew works at an amazing church, in a position that seems like was made just for him. I remember that being here allows me to stay home. I remember that being here is refreshing to my soul because there is not one Sunday that has gone by that I haven't walked away challenged by the sermon. See? God's winning my mind's battle.

I would tell you about how Andrew and I are working out, running (even I ran last night) and eating healthy again.

I would tell you that every time I tell Cooper I'm going to vacuum, he runs and sits here.
I would tell you that I don't really like candy corn. I will have a piece here and there, but it is not something I get excited about in the fall. I do, however, love cookies. So, when I saw this recipe for candy corn cookies on Pinterest, I knew I had to give it a try. Cooper helped me today, and they turned out pretty cute, and tasty!
I would tell you how much I love you, how much I value you, and give you a great big hug as you leave.

So, now it's your turn to share.

Looking forward to next week's date.

1 comment:

  1. Chandra! I would tell you how much I'd love to have coffee with you and unlike you, I do get excited about candy corn. (especially the pumpkin shaped kind.) However, I also get excited about cookies and would love to eat some of those with you. I would listen and empathize with your current lack of close fiends nearby and challenge you to go out on a limb and invite a perspective friend over to your house for a face to face coffee date. I'd also remind you to be careful with the kitchen messes because carpet is hard to clean. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete