Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Freeze" for All

I was inspired by my friend Erin's blog post this week. Erin in Indiana. *Insert tangent here* I have a lot of Erin/Aaron's in my life. I have to clarify which one often. If I say "my brother" or "A"ron, then people know who I refer to. I have two very good friends named Erin, and I can't put their end initial at the end, because they are both Erin S. So, this post was inspired by Erin in Indiana, or Erin as in "Fred and Erin". It's quite tricky, I know.

Anyhow, she talked about how there are many moments she wants to freeze with her baby girl. It got me thinking. That's part of my vision for this blog. To freeze special moments in time somewhere. I don't know if it's because I'm home with Cooper now, or if it's because so much in our life has changed this year, but I am noticing more and more how much Cooper is growing and it makes me more sad than it has in the past.

Andrew and I are trying our best to parent with the end in mind. Instead of trying to make it 'til they go to college, we're trying to build a family atmosphere that when they're 26 and we're 51, or when they're 51 and we're 76, they still WANT to be around us and share our company. So, with the end in mind, I've tried not to get so sad about Cooper getting older. And for the most part I've done well with it. It makes me excited to know he can verbalize with me more, and it's awesome watching him "draw". And as I look to our future I do look forward to and get excited about the things we'll be able to do with Cooper that he can't do now.

I do want to remember all these special moments along the way. I don't know that my brain will be able to hold it all. So, since the posts in this blog will last longer than my memory (probably) I'm going to do some "Freeze" for alls each week. I hope you'll share some of your "freeze it" moments as well.

Today I would freeze:
Cooper singing "Tractor, Tractor"
Cooper telling me "hi" and "bye" as he enters and exits a room
Cooper thinking he needed to be the center of attention at the library, which resulted in him jumping up and down (facing everyone), and laying on the ground.
The sweet kiss and hug Cooper gave me before bed.
The way Cooper prays, and when he says "amen", he whispers it.
Andrew bringing home a clean dish from his lunch, so I wouldn't have to wash it. Someone remind me of this later when I will undoubtedly think he doesn't do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment