Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas in the Kitchen

So much of the Christmas season is all about what happens in the kitchen. The food that we get to eat this time of year is delicious.

Cooper got to experience quite a bit in the kitchen this year.

We made salt-dough ornaments.







such concentration!






My favorite was the snowflake.
He decided to made the cooling rack into a slide for the ornaments.
We baked cupcakes for his friends and delivered them. I tried to tie it into Jesus birth. I told him that God gave us something he loved very much at Christmas - Jesus. Something the Cooper loves is cupcakes, so we gave something he loved to others. I'm not sure how much he "got it". But he loved making and delivering them. I didn't get any pics of the deliveries - sorry!

We made chocolate candies for his cousins. My grandma gave us some candy molds a few months back and Cooper has been asking to make some. We made some red and green candy as gifts. And he enjoyed the monkey mold.

We had home made hot chocolate. This was probably one of the cheesiest advent days. The card said. "let's warm up our bodies with hot cocoa and our hearts with Christmas carols." But it was one of his favorites. He loved it, and he loved singing, too.


Of course Monkey and Simba helped, too.








We skipped the gingerbread house and forged ahead with a gingerbread train.






We named the train the Cooper Line

This face = Love!


And we made some Christmas cut-outs. The dough I made didn't turn out that great. Out of the 2 dozen I made, I was only able to salvage about 12.


I know we promised Santa blue cookies - do blue eyes count??? 
So there you have it...Cooper's kitchen and cooking adventures this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment