Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Love, Cooper

Did you know that Santa has his own mailbox? 



Did you know that his mailbox is in downtown New Philadelphia, Ohio?

Nestled in a lit up town square is a red mailbox that belong to Santa. 

And today we wrote a letter to Santa and delivered our letter when Andrew got home. I did my best to make complete sentences out of what Cooper wanted to say.  I asked him what he wanted to say to Santa. The first thing out of his mouth: "Does Santa have a Christmas tree?" When I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, "a gift for under my tree". The letter came together and Cooper signed his name. 

That "H" is the E in his name.

We even made our own envelope for it. And I really do mean "we". Cooper insisted on doing it and helping.





And sealed it with some Thomas stickers.

This evening it rained, creating a beautiful backdrop to lights reflected in the town square. We walked up, he put his envelope in the slot, and then he took over the umbrella handling on our way back to the car. 






As we were driving away he told us he wanted his letter back.

Dear Santa, 
When you get my Thomas stamped letter, will you please send it back?
Love, 
Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment