Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Da Beach

The beach is my solace. I could go here every day and never get tired of it. 


There's this sense of peace I get when I'm there. This overwhelming feeling that God made it all, me included, and everything is going to be ok. 

Like most things on our Florida trip, Cooper had been to the beach but didn't have memory of it. We looked on with bits of his childlike excitement reflected in our eyes as we watched Cooper experience the beach.


The kid loved it. It was one big running, building, throwing, and water area. 


And oh, the water. He didn't want to leave it.















We played with sand and built a sandcastle.
















There was this group of young girls who had set up camp close to us. The seagulls realized they had food and descended on their area. The girls all screamed and ran away not knowing what to do.


Enter Cooper.

He picked up sand and threw it at the birds, yelling at the girls to leave them alone. It worked! 




The birds fled and all the ladies gathered around Cooper and doted on him. And my comment to Andrew was, "It's already started". 


 We had a great time at the beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment