Sunday, February 24, 2013

Photos+Springtime+Ethiopia



Sarah is a young lady that I have gotten to know over the past year and I have come to love her heart. She loves the Lord and desires to do His will in all areas of her life. She has been a huge blessing to me. She is taking a missions trip to Ethiopia this summer. Here are her words about why she is going on this trip.

"For years I have felt God leading me to missions work overseas, and He has finally brought the perfect trip, at the perfect timing. This May I will be packing my bags and taking a 17-hour flight to spend 2 weeks ministering in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to orphans, hospital patients, and all kinds of other people who are seen as the "untouchables" of their community.

Over the past couple of years, God has wrecked my heart for children who are living in poverty, especially in Africa. I truly believe that God created each one of us with great purpose, and that the way we are loved as a child will affect our relationship with God and the world around us for the rest of our lives. My passion to love children and show them a God who loves them far more than they can imagine has become something that has continually grown over the past years as God has revealed Himself to me. Because of this I have chosen to major in Social Work and minor in Intercultural Studies with the belief that God is leading me to one day move overseas to do full time mission work as a Child Social Worker. This trip will be a great opportunity for me to "get my feet wet" and start the journey that God has called me to of loving the hopeless, the hurting, and the broken."

Told you she has a great heart!

As Andrew and I were praying about how we could help her, I kept feeling like I needed to use my talents to help her. And that's what has brought us here. I am going to host two mornings of mini-photo sessions that are spring and Easter themed.  ALL money made will go to Sarah for her trip to Ethiopia.

This is a great opportunity for you to get some great family pictures taken, as well as help accomplish God's mission for Sarah.

The sessions will be held at Mr. McGillicutty Art Studio on March 9 & 16 from 9:00 AM -NOON. Each session will be 15 minutes, and you will receive 15 edited photos with copyright privileges. Each session is $50.

To sign up for a time to bring your family in for a photo session, click here.  Times will be given on a first come, first serve basis. I will work with you as best as I can to meet your family's need.

If you would like to donate to Sarah's trip but don't want pictures, you can email me at sale.chandra@gmail.com with the subject "donation" to find out how.

I am so excited to see how God works through this event! Pray about joining us, but most importantly, pray for Sarah. Pray for the physical, emotional, financial, and spiritual challenges she has ahead of her on this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment