Friday, January 13, 2012

Cooper in 20+ years.

I have two posts coming to you today. Here's the first. I meant to do this yesterday, but I had a very uncooperative son. I was lucky to get a shower before Andrew got home. And when Andrew did get home, I left.

Anyhow, earlier this week I promised you a post dedicated to Cooper's personality. Here you go.

I have often wondered what Cooper will be like in 20+ years. What will he find funny? What will he find sad? Will he be kind-hearted? Will he be a good friend?

I have recently realized I don't have to wonder too much about this. I just have to look at my husband and see. Cooper is Andrew's mini-me in many ways. Looks, personality, sense of humor.


Looks: All you need are these pictures to see that.

Personality: Cooper loves people. He loves to be around others, playing, laughing, doing things together. He really wants to make people laugh, and tries. He also loves to be the center of attention and will show off and do some tricks to make sure it's him whom everyone is looking toward.

Sense of humor: Cooper thinks it's hysterical when someone falls or bumps into something. Goofy noises and funny sound effects are the best.

All those things are like his daddy.


This past Sunday Andrew helped lead worship. Our friend LeeAnn looked at me and said, "When Andrew sings, I see so much of Cooper in him. The only thing different: Instead of a guitar, Cooper will be holding a vacuum!" HA! To which I said, Cooper will probably find a way to make the vacuum some type of musical instrument.

Because Cooper is also very smart. Smarter than me some days. He studies things, tries to put things together.


Cooper is loving. He gives so many hugs and kisses to his stuffed animals. Every now and then Andrew and I get some hugs and kisses, too.

Cooper is considerate. He is truly concerned when someone is hurt or sad, and wants to make it better.

Cooper is an athlete. He does well with fine and gross motor skills. He can string beads on a string, run and kick a ball, catch and throw a ball, hit one with a bat, jump up and land on both feet.

Cooper is not perfect. He has a mean streak and can be moody and selfish. We have quite the job of channeling all of Cooper's good and bad traits into helping him become a man that loves God and letting it show in all he does.


But in the meantime, here's a good depiction of Cooper in 20 years:

No comments:

Post a Comment