Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Coffee Date Tuesday?

This weekend was quite a whirlwind.

Our friend, Heather, flew in Thursday and left yesterday morning. I cannot explain to you how wonderful it was to have a little piece of florida with us this weekend. Heather was my go-to "I need a chick flick and some girly time" friend. We had high hopes of some shopping, a movie, some crafts, and relaxing. Friday evening some of our plans came crashing down to a halt. Cooper woke up with the stomach bug. We were up all night. I don't know how we managed to stay awake on Saturday, but we did. Then Sunday night the bug hit me. Heather, I'm sorry we had to be sickos on your visit. But, I'm so thankful that you visited us. I enjoyed our time, our laughs, our movies and shows, our talks. You are wonderful, beautiful, and I miss you already.

Because of said stomach flu, yesterday I was in bed literally all day. Our friend, Danielle, kindly took Cooper. I don't know what I would have done if Cooper had been home. Danielle, THANK YOU.

Today is valentines day. A day we celebrate love.

I struggle with loving the way Christ wants me to. I'm selfish. I want things to go my way. I've recently realized maybe I'm not as thoughtful as I need to be. As in going the extra mile to let someone know I appreciate them. Also as in "think before you speak...or send that email". My love fails. All the time.

Thankfully God's doesn't.

His love is perfect.

And somehow his perfect love accepts me, and works on my heart continuously, teaching me, challenging me to grow, and to be his love to others.

Speaking of others, let's talk about my two greatest earthy loves.

Andrew. I love you more today than yesterday, more than a year ago, more than five years ago. I am thankful that God is moving in you. Growing you. Or as you said last night...stretching you. This weekend your love was displayed to both Cooper and myself in helping clean up ungodly fluids. Your love for us is displayed every day when you work hard to provide for our family. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for a beautiful son. Thank you for helping me raise him. I love you.

Cooper. You are a joy like no other we've ever experienced. You are funny, smart, and thoughtful. The way you pat me and daddy, the way you give us kisses, hugs, and eskimos, is like a magic healing when we are feeling down. The evidence that you love and care for us is in you already. I love you.

We love because He first loved us. Not because we think that person deserves it. I don't deserve heaven, but I can still claim it as my home. We love because we are Christ's example to others. We love because He first loved us.

Happy Love Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment