Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let's catch up

I have hibernated the past couple of weeks, thinking, praying.

So, let's catch up.

Cooper and I traveled to Florida to pay a visit to Mammaw. We got to see my family and some great friends while there, too. The sunshine and warm weather did numbers to my soul.

healing.

refreshing.

happy.

And oh the sunsets.



While I miss some things about Florida, Andrew have been affirmed more than ever the past couple of weeks that we are, indeed, in the right place. I'm glad that confirmation has come. We've needed it. Especially today when I sat down to do our taxes. Our move to Ohio has done a number on our taxes because we got the home buyer credit and now have to pay it back. Add that number to the cost of a new roof on our home in florida and you have one mama who can become quite overwhelmed. So, our affirmations of where we are is needed. I know that God has us here for a purpose, and I am counting on him to provide in some crazy ways. It gives me a peace in all the craziness.

I've mentioned before how I'm focusing on the little things more, trying to prepare my heart more, and I must say it's working. God answers simple prayers every day. Then yesterday we got a huge prayer answered - Andrew's mom received a new liver! We are so grateful that God provided for her, and are continuing to pray for a good recovery and some happy, healthy years ahead of her.

Cooper keeps asking for snow. Yesterday I finally told him he needs to ask God for that. Well, today it's snowing. Cooper also prayed for Mammaw to get a "new wiber" really, really, really soon the night we got the call. Child-like-faith takes on a whole new meaning as I see him grow and learn, and grow and learn in the Lord as well. A. MA. ZING.

Speaking of Cooper, the kid is beginning to talk my ears off. He's always been a good talker, but he's started to all the time now. In the car, walking around, playing - all the time. His new phrase is "I don't know". Which he says, "I no know". He will be 2 in 10 days. I am working on getting a zoo themed party together.

We are getting our first Florida visitor tomorrow! Our friend Heather is flying in for the weekend. I'm excited for some girl time. It's supposed to be a snowy, cold weekend.

Here are some phone pictures that I've neglected to share the past couple of weeks.






Can you tell we enjoyed the park as much as we could?

No comments:

Post a Comment