Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Cooper's favorite sandwich is Peanut Butter and Honey. So, I will often sing him the "peanut butter jelly" song while I fix him his sandwich...I just replace the word jelly with honey.

His response to me: "Stop. Stop, Mommy. I don't like that."

Yesterday I decided to show Cooper that this was a real song, not just me being crazy or silly. So, we looked it up on YouTube. As soon as the first "peanut butter jelly time" line was through, he was bouncing up and down on the couch. Like a boss.

We proceeded to dance to this song about 5 times and the cupid shuffle (which he did correctly!!) when I finally wised up and decided to shoot video of him dancing to it.


Isn't this the pinnacle of parenting? I can pretty much hang my hat now, right? #kidding

My favorite parts of the video:

  • his swing sound he makes when he swings the bat
  • how he shakes his head to "there he go"
  • the way he moves his hands to "break it down and freeze"
I can now report to you that he doesn't get annoyed when I sing this. Success.

I can also report that this song will now be in your head the rest of the day. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment