Saturday, June 4, 2011

Drawing Day Dinner

I have a very talented husband. Watching him the past few months has been one of the most excruciating events, as well as one of the most peaceful times I have ever gone through. In the midst of our ever-present search for what is next, my husband has grown so much and it seems he has aged overnight. I am quite proud of him and his accomplishments. One of the neatest things to have witnessed since February is Andrew's increased desire in art. God gave him an awesome gift of creativity. To show our support, Cooper and I participated with "Daddy" in Drawing Day.

Cooper choosing his colors.

Artist in training.

Cooper's Finished Product
My Finished Product
Andrew's Finished Product
Right before we had fun with drawing we ate dinner. Eating with Cooper is up and down every day. Some days he eats well; some days not. Some days he drinks all his fluids; some days he pushes them out of the way. We are experimenting with utensils and manners. Dinner time can be quite a stressful time. I have to tell myself that he is a healthy boy who is growing with great strides and not consume myself with fretting about it. If he eats what is in front of him: great. If not, oh well. *I do not fix him something else. He will either eat what is given to him or nothing* Judge all you'd like on that last comment.

Tonight we ate chicken pasta with broccoli and pesto sauce. It was a success. Halfway through the meal he decided he NEEDED to use my fork.

So, here you see Cooper using a very big fork.

This is his "All Done" sign. I thought it was an appropriate way to end this post.

All Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment