Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The embarrassing moment of realization....

...that we need another child.

Cooper and I are home now and there are things I would like to share with you, but I still have some moments from our trip I would like to share.

My cousin, David, and his wife, Keri, had a daughter, Daisy, a little over a month after Cooper was born. According to Gramma they are 45 days apart. I cannot confirm this math, but you get the idea. So, we got Daisy and Cooper together to play. When Daisy came over Cooper was still asleep. So, she got used to her new surroundings, and started playing with some of the toys we had around the house. When Cooper got up, mortifying moments followed. I'm not sure if it was because he was hungry, still tired, jealous, or territorial, but Cooper was not a kind boy to Daisy. We have been dealing with hitting issues for a couple of months now, but it's usually to either Andrew or myself. Cooper seemed to be doing better; boy were we wrong with our thinking! Cooper gave Daisy a good whack. He got a verbal warning. Then another, which a spanking followed. Then another, and another spanking. Then another, and a time out. Then another, and Gramma whacked him that time. Shortly after that we ate, which after that he was a completely different child. He and Daisy got along well after that.

I am not the bragging type of parent, but I do know that I have a wonderful boy. I also know that he has got some major challenges for us and himself because of his personality. I am not naive to this at all and will tell anyone who asks. However, seeing him being completely defiant even after consequences that until this point have worked, was an embarrassing moment as a mother. My mostly obedient child displayed completely disobedient behavior. I prayed a lot that day for Cooper and for Andrew and I. We somehow have to figure out to channel this side of Cooper's personality for God's glory.

It was also the moment I realized...we NEED another child. Not just a want anymore, but a need. We desire for Cooper to learn to share, cooperate, and be loving, even when he doesn't want to. I hope another child will help this. I know it won't cure it, but it will help. Please pray for God's will in this area of our life.

On to some pictures. I will title this sequence of pictures "Daisy Kay and Cooper Play". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment