Thursday, June 2, 2011

Farkle, my first post.

So, for whatever reason some of you have requested updates from me via a blog. Am I really that interesting? No. More like you want to hear about some updates about Cooper, and maybe a few updates about what is new in life.

Let me first begin with what is new: it is summer. This means I have a break from work. This means I can stay in my pjs as long as I want and spend time with Andrew and Cooper. Mostly, it means I will be a fun girl again, able to stay up late and play games with friends, and probably won't be as cranky or tired. Andrew and Cooper get mad props for putting up with me during the school year. So, here's to a relaxing summer when I can be more myself. Because it is summer, I figured it would be a good time to start this because I will have more time to do it. I would like to set a goal of updating daily with a "snapshot" of our day. While this goal excites me I can make no promises. You will have to keep me accountable to
frequent updates.

Onto the more interesting part for you readers: Cooper. Cooper is doing all sorts of crazy things that 15 month olds do. He is running. No, not walking, running. He loves to make people laugh and have all the attention. He is saying more words every day. His favorite words seem
to be: vacuum, broom, apple, Elmo, juice, paci, shoe, hi, and hello (which he holds the phone up to his ear when he does this, followed by other mumbling like he is actually talking on it). He is very good at repeating many words you say to him. Tonight's word he repeated: "Farkle"...which came outmore like "tackle".

Tonight I got out the wonderful game of farkle to see how he would react to all the dice, the noises, etc.


At first we began with shaking the dice in the container, rolling it out, and counting the dice while we put it back in. I got distracted by something and when I returned my attention to him, he had started stacking them on top ofthe container.


After this I stacked them up in one tall stack. I them blew them over and tried (but failed) to get him to blow them over. It was at this moment that he, out of nowhere, kissed me like 4 or 5 times. Such a sweet moment. That is when I decided this would be a good snapshot for today. When I got the camera out, he was all the sudden distracted by the big black camera and said "cheese" which sounded more like "chee". I have no idea where that came from.

So, there you are friends. My first blog post...all about farkle. Tomorrow is my last day, no students, just meetings and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment