Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Plane Rides and Praises

Today Cooper and I flew to KY. We are spending the next 10 days in my home state. I can't even describe to you the excitement I have about spending this much time here. I haven't spend this much time here in a long time. I am ready to relax and play with Cooper in wide open spaces, fresh air, and some green grass that is soft enough to go barefooted.

Today I was quite nervous about flying with Cooper. He has flown on a plane 4 other times, but this was the first time flying with a mobile child. Not just mobile, but a personality that is curious about everything, social, and extremely active. Because I was traveling by myself with a child, they let me check my carry on bag for free. This made me relax immediately because it was stressful thinking about carrying cooper, my carry on bag, and a diaper bag all at the same time. We made it through security without much trouble...Cooper did crawl under the luggage track while I was putting the stroller back up (told you he was active). We had a potty break and I let him run around because I knew he wouldn't be able to walk around much after that. He climbed the chairs, tables, walked behind the counters, talked to the paintings on the walls, and talked to the "vacuums" (fire extinguishers - I never knew they looked similar until today).
I drugged him up, we loaded the plane, and I am happy to say he did really well. About 45 minutes to an hour into the flight, Cooper fell asleep. Ahhhhhhh. Breathe. Take in the sweet moment of holding my sleeping son in my arms. Because of the active instances listed above it is not often that I get to hold a sleeping Cooper.

I was brought to a prayer of praise in that moment. I praise God for my beautiful family (not just Andrew and Cooper - but my whole family). I praise God for great friends. And then it hit me: I need to praise God for our current struggle. I have never really blamed God about this, but realized while holding my precious child, that I had not yet praised God for the situation we are in. So, that's what I did. I praised God for the struggle our family of three is going through right now. I know that God has big plans for us, and I am trusting and relying on him to get us through it all. I know that situation has brought us closer together, closer to God, and given us wisdom. So, I ask that the next time you pray for us, please also praise God. He is way bigger than we are and hand it all over to him.

When we got off the plane, Cooper played shy for a couple minutes, but quickly warmed up and is now besties with Gramma and Grandpa (which sounds like "popaw" when he says it..he has yet to say gramma). We ate dinner and then let Cooper run around out back. It should be a great 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment