Monday, June 6, 2011

Heart Shaped Bruises and Water Park Play

I typed this post last night, but the pictures didn't load, so I'm trying again today and it seems to be working. Let's give it another try.

Yesterday Cooper got quite an injury. Walking in a parking lot, Andrew asked Cooper where our car was. When he found it, he started running. She tripped, fell, and has a scrape on his belly, cheek, and forehead. The bruise above the forehead is shaped like a heart. With a pure boy on my hands, this is not the first bruise, nor will it be the last I'm sure. At least it's fun to say his bruise is heart-shaped.

*Please excuse the food on his face...I took the picture during dinner*
What led up to the bruise was the most fun part of our day. We took a trip to the splash park. The city of Dunedin has a little slice of heaven at one of their parks: a splash park, or water playground. We took Cooper today for the first time and he LOVED it. There is nothing better than seeing your child with a look of pure excitement on their face. Below are a few pictures and a video of our time at the park.

It was quite a trek to the splash park, and as we were leaving Andrew said "Even though we weren't here that long, it was totally worth it". I couldn't agree more.

The rest of our day consisted of planting plants for our front walk, naps, reading, E3 watching, dinner, and a special trip to Mammaw's to deliver cake and flowers.

Today was spent doing laundry and packing because tomorrow Cooper and I are headed to kentucky to visit my family. I'm excited to see family, but I think everyone there is even more anxious to see Cooper. I can't promise a daily update there, but hope to update frequently for Andrew's sake (or those of you who find interest in reading about our life).

No comments:

Post a Comment