Friday, November 11, 2011

Because nothing in my life is ever easy

It's a joke in my life that nothing ever comes easy for me. Want proof?

The time we go to Disney with hopper passes, and hop to our second park to find out that day was blocked out for a hopper pass.

The time I made all kinds of mistakes and messes filling out a lease agreement, so I just hop on the computer to print a new one. Only, the file saved wasn't working. Then we got it working, then we couldn't find printer paper. Found the printer paper only to figure out that the printer had no ink. So, we go to Kinkos (mind you, it's like midnight) to print the file. And, no joke, the printer didn't work there either.

The time I wanted to "whip up" something yummy and my mixer broke.

And these have all happened this year.

Well, today I get the lovely pleasure of sharing with you another classic "Chandra" story.

Andrew texted me from work to ask if I could get some cash out from the bank because he needed to pay back a co-worker and that he would come home around lunch time to get it. I told him that I was in the middle of baking bread with Cooper, but would try. And if I couldn't get there by the time he got home, he could just take my card and get it then.

So, Cooper and I "whip up" some pumpkin bread. We made 7 mini-loaves. The plan was to give them to our neighbors as a nice way to say "happy fall, ya'll" and to introduce ourselves to them. I stick them in the oven, start a load of laundry, and clean up the kitchen. I look over at the timer on the bread and I have 16 minutes left. "I have time to go get the cash out from the bank for Andrew...because I'm such a good wife, and it will make his day" was the 50's housewife monologue going on in my head. So, I hurry and put a coat on myself, cooper, as well as slippers and we head out the door. I look over at the timer and we've got 14 minutes (a feat in itself that we were ready for outside weather in 2 minutes...I attribute it to wearing slippers). Plenty of time seeing as how I can see the bank from my window. It's MAYBE .25 miles away.

As we exit our house we're greeted by our friendly neighbor who you can get caught talking to for 30 minutes if you're not careful. He starts talking to me about our 40 degree weather and weather in other cities around the country that I frankly don't really care about.

Put cooper in his car seat, which is harder to do when he's wearing a heavy coat.

Get to the bank, and I remembered I had a check to cash. I pull to the side, sign my name, and start putting our account number on it, but I can't remember the last 3 numbers, and I don't have my checkbook with the account number with me. So, I decide I'll just tell the teller that I can't remember and they'll still take care of me. I pull up to the thing, hit the call button, and no answer. I hit it again, no answer. As I hit it a third time I realize that no one's even at the window! Wait, the lights are off, too! Do they close for a lunch break? Then, a HUGE sign with "WE'RE CLOSED" finally makes itself known to me. Gosh, I'm an idiot, it's veterans day. Pull back around to go to the ATM, get the cash, and head home.

Cooper has to get the golf ball that falls all the way under the car, then likes to stand by the garage instead of walking in the house.

We finally make it inside to the timer going off, and the loaves it turns out are a little brown around the edges, but still smell good, so I'm still giving them to our neighbors.

Fast forward 1 hour later, I get a text from Andrew that states "I'm just going to give her the money on Monday"

.....Because, folks, my life is never easy. Now do you believe me?

No comments:

Post a Comment