Friday, November 18, 2011

"Washed the Spider Out"

Get ready....there are videos in this post!!!!!

Cooper is 21 months today! I know I probably say this a lot, but it's just so true: I am completely amazed and in awe of Cooper and how much he learns and changes week to week.
I am not a bragging type, or "hey look how awesome my kid is" type of mom. But, I am truly amazed at his ability, especially at his young age.

If we go somewhere, this is usually the process when we meet someone:
They see him and comment on his big blue eyes.
If they hear him, they say "how old is he? He's a good talker".

I don't know that we do much different than other parents (in the way of learning time), so I just think his "smarts" are just part of his personality, the way God made him. I sometimes get nervous when someone talks about how smart he is, because I don't want them to start comparing. I don't want anyone that we meet to feel badly that their child is not where mine is in vocabulary, clarity of speech, or ability. God designs each child differently and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want us to compare them. Lord knows Cooper is behind in some areas that other kids excel in.

All of THAT to say, I hope you are able to celebrate Cooper with me during this post. Please know that these updates are not meant to be me bragging, rather me expressing how much I enjoy watching Cooper learn and grow.

Now onto some videos....

Last week Cooper said 4 words together for the first time. We were singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and he said "washed the spider out". He also moves his hands up and down.

Cooer was very uncooperative for these videos. The second one he makes such stink faces that I just had to post it. *The videos weren't loading properly, so I had to upload them to YouTube first. Click on the links to see the videos.*



Cooper can also count! He doesn't quite get it all down perfectly, but when he's arranging things he counts them, so I know he's starting to at least get the concept. Once we get to the teens it seems he only likes to say the odd numbers.


This weekend is sure to be a fun one!
1) It's Andrew's birthday.
2) We're taking Cooper to see Sesame Street Live.
3) We get to see Aunt Ashleigh and fam.
4) We're getting away for about 24 hours.
5) We'll be together. No better way to spend a weekend.

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment