Monday, November 7, 2011

Coffee Date Monday: (un)Productivity

Good morning!

Happy Fall Back Time Change to all! The fall back time change was way more fun when I was younger, well, at least before Cooper. Falling back does not mean more sleep for him, rather a wake up of the same time, a grumpy boy when he's not eating at his "regular" time or napping/going to bed at his "regular" time, and a seemingly much longer day that ended with my eyes barely being able to stay open. While spring forward bring many more people grief, I enjoy it because by that time Cooper will adjust to this time, and "sleep in" when the time changes again.

This past week I was completely unproductive. Well, maybe not completely...ok, ok, completely. I did good until about Wednesday when I had to go shopping, and our schedule got thrown off, and Cooper didn't nap, and I was tired, and apparently that tiredness lasted until this morning. I have this schedule of different cleaning routines I do each day, so that my house stays clean (clean does not always mean picked up of toys...clean means dusted, vacuumed, sanitized, etc). I love it because I only have to spend 15-30 minutes a day (depending on the task) cleaning my house. I also *try* to do a load of laundry each day. Well, I just have to tell you: there is a load of laundry sitting in my dryer from last week. I have this complex where I don't mind doing laundry, but I HATE putting it away. So, cheers to my unproductive self from last week. I hope you enjoyed your break, because now you've got a bit to do around the house. Cheers!

Yesterday Andrew and I spent some time in Canton and we're going to go back tonight. I feel like I'm living a rockstar life with trips to Canton two days in a row!

Wanna know what I'm most excited about today? Today we are going to buy a new hamper! This is our first multi-level home, and it has come with some challenges for us. Cooper used to play in his room a lot. Not the case here. He plays when one of us is upstairs, but he doesn't typically go play there on his own. Another is mine and Andrew's laundry. When we were on a one-story it was so easy to take our laundry where it needed to go. Right now we have no hamper in our room, and it's "so hard to walk all the way downstairs" so our room has consisted of thrown about piles of dirty laundry for the past few weeks. It gives me the heebie jeevies. So, today, I am excited that a new hamper will be purchased to put an end to our dirty clothes piles and unorganized chaos upstairs.

Last night, a very tired Cooper tried to stay awake a little longer and wanted to read. I obliged. He sat on my lap, we read a book, and when the book had ended he'd say "my turn" and go over to another couch and sit and "read" the book. Then he'd pick out another one. So precious! Right now Cooper's favorite book is called Bear In Underwear. In it a bear finds a backpack full of underwear and he and his friends try them on. Well, Cooper knows what to say on different pages of the book, and it makes the teacher's heart in me smile wide.

I feel more settled here and some of our friends are starting to feel like family away from family.

By the way, how's your coffee today? Mine is perfectly spiced with pumpkin flavor.

Off to be PROductive.

I almost forgot: Jim, andrew's brother in law, came home this week! He had to go back for some kidney stones, but seems to be on the mend! Keep praying for Andrew's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment