Monday, December 5, 2011

Coffee Date Monday: Iced Goodness


I have two wonderful words for you today: Peppermint. Mocha.

It's my all-time favorite coffee cream flavor, and the Christmas season has blessed this house with it's presence. Today I'm sipping it over ice, with a straw. Yum-O.

Guess what? The house is dusted, and vacuumed and while Cooper is napping I'm soaking the cleanness in, because once he's awake it won't last long.

Cooper is currently having a nightmare about the vacuum. Or me taking it from him. He's crying and yelling "vacuum! vacuum!" Cooper and his vacuum.

So, if you were over for a coffee date today, we'd be sipping on iced peppermint mocha coffee and talking about:

How Cooper's feet aren't wide anymore, but long and skinny. My baby will not much longer be a baby. Two in two months.

How I've been contemplating that I am Cooper's memory writer. I'm creating his memories he will have one day. Memories of day to day life, and memories of holidays. No pressure, right?!

How I really don't want our family to get caught up in the consumerism of Christmas. I've been brainstorming ideas on how to do this. So far my favorite is giving/getting three gifts to symbolize the three gifts the wise men gave Jesus. We'll see how my brainstorming morphs into something of a reality. Not this year, though. This year we've quite surpassed the 3 gifts. We have three large shopping bags and a box full of gifts for Cooper. I've gotten him little things here an there over the past few months, and while that has helped our pocketbook this month, I didn't realize how much we had gotten him. I wrapped everything the other night because he was starting to find the gifts. And that's when I realized he had more than plenty.

I'd share with you how I want our family to be different. To live as Christ wants us to, not the world, and how that means we have to do things differently than everyone else around us. That's never easy.

I would tell you that today I went through all my emails and unsubscribed from pretty much everything. Every time I get an email from a store or organization my head fills up with thoughts like "I wish we had money to get some of this" or "I think we might need this." Just stupid, wrong thoughts. We have plenty. We need little. My inbox will be a little sad looking now because I won't have as many emails, so feel free to send some fun emails my way.

I got some good girl time in yesterday with some ladies from church. Thankful for them. Andrew gets some guy time this weekend. Cooper and I are going to KY for my cousin's wedding, so Andrew gets to be a bachelor and hang out with the guys. I'm excited for him.

Today it is rainy. Makes me want to take a nap, or watch a movie under a nice, warm blanket.

I would tell you how very thankful I am for my friends from college. We are all pretty much in the same part of life, getting to experience things together, and encourage and help each other along the way. Today I talked to one of them for an hour and a half on the phone. Loved every minute of it. In my dream world we would all live close to each other. I'll keep dreaming, because I don't think it will happen until we've all retired, or we're all in heaven. This is one of my favorite pictures of us.

That's all ya'll. Off to look at my clean house some more. Won't be long before The Destroyer awakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment