Thursday, December 22, 2011

Coffee Date Monday: 2012 is here!

I usually really look forward to the new year. There's something about the newness in it all. A new start. New possibilities. The unknown.

I have really become not so fond of the unknown.

This past month I have to admit that I have not looked forward to the new year. There are people whom we love that I am afraid we might loose this year. Every year there are hardships. I'm not sure I am ready for it all. And who knows, maybe there will be no loss and no hardship.

The closer it got to New Years and the more praying I did, the less down I felt. On New Years Eve we were surrounded by friends new and old that we love. We were also surrounded by family (Andrew's sister and her fam are visiting)!
Maybe it is just God's way of preparing my heart for whatever comes my way this year.

I keep praying that I can be aware of the tiniest blessings that God gives us. If I'm aware of each blessing, and appreciate each one, maybe when a hardship comes this year I will maintain a proper perspective.

A couple months ago I realized that the best year I had was the year I set goals for myself. So, I sat down and came up with some goals. Thought maybe I could share with you for some accountability. Some are fun, some are serious, some are personal and some I'm not sharing. But here you go. Hopefully these will give me something to strive for. Maybe even something to look forward to?

Personal/Physical:
Join an gym and go at least 3 times/week.
Grow out hair for locks of love.


Financial:
Pay off my student loan.
Emergency fund.
Increase giving.

Relational:
Join/start a couples small group.
Find someone to mentor.
Fine a mentor for myself.
Date days/nights with Cooper.
Do something special for Andrew once a week.

Spiritual:
Memorize 1 scripture a month.
Read and study the "E" books. (Exodus, Ezra, Esther, etc...)
Find a ministry to serve in.

Misc:
Read at least 6 "fun" books.
Learn the ins and outs of my sewing machine - and use it!
1 year of home-made gifts.

“Ordinary people who faithfully, diligently, and consistently do simple things that are right before God will bring forth extraordinary results.” – Elder David A. Bednar

So, my most sincere wishes of a wonderful year for you, your family, and those you love.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you to embark on these goals! You keep me inspired andninlove reading your blog posts! Thanks for being you Chandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, the sewing machine goal is a good one. I should put that on my list, too. Also, the date on this blogpost is Thursday, Dec. 22nd??

    ReplyDelete