Thursday, February 13, 2014

scars.



Picture me drizzling honey onto a half piece of bread for a little boy who loves Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches.

A three year old {almost 4} running into the kitchen and exclaiming "My scars! My scars!"

I set the honey down and turn to look at Cooper. "What about your scars?"

"Mom, look! Feel! This foot is smooth and this foot is smooth, too! My scars are gone! Isn't that awesome?"

Cooper had a scar on his heel for a few weeks. I can't even tell you how it got there. I just know that every time he took a bath, or put lotion on, I was reminded to be careful because of his scar.

-Cooper, that is very awesome!

"Why are they gone, mom?"

Enter: Teachable Moment.

-Because that's the way God designed our bodies.

"Why?"

-God knew that sometimes we would get hurt. He knew we would need those hurts to go away. So he designed our bodies to have cells that help heal us when we get hurt. Isn't that awesome?!

"Yeah!"

. . . . .          . . . . .           . . . . .

Oh the depth that little teachable moment can have. Hopefully it was a seed planted that
will sprout at the right season of his life. 

My dearest Cooper, my dearest friend or family member reading this, 
     God knew we were going to get hurt. He knew we would need a way to take those hurts away. He gave us Jesus. Jesus helps us heal from our hurts. He can take the pain away. 
     That's love. God loved us enough to give up a great treasure for us. God loved us enough to make a place for us to rest our scars. A place for us to find healing from our hurt. God loved us enough to give us Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment