Monday, February 3, 2014

when i need the ice cream.

Today is one of those "I need some ice cream" days. 

The "cried several times, your child hasn't napped, and you're trying to get things done, but none of it is quite getting accomplished the way you want them to" - kind of days. 

That's where I'm at right now. And the only thing getting me through is 
1) Cooper is going to bed early
2) Andrew gets home soon
3) Tonight I get to watch some good tv with some good friends
4) Ice cream

I am going to sit down with a bowl of ice cream and let it take some of my sadness away.

But ice cream wasn't the only thing I needed today. I also needed Jesus.

Hebrews 4: 14-16 "Now that we know what we have - Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God- let's not let it slip through our fingers. We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all - all but the sin. So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help."

I love that Jesus isn't out of touch with my reality.
I love that he is offering me help. I love that he is offering me mercy.
I just have to reach out and accept it like I reach out and accept the ice cream.

John 16:33 "I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."

I can stop trying to overcome my day and the difficulties I've faced today.
I can be joyful.
Jesus has already overcome it all. 

So, tonight I'll be eating my ice cream, believe me. But I'll also have received His mercy, His help, and I'll be joyful knowing He's already overcome it all.


*These pictures were not taken today. First picture: last spring. Second picture: this summer*

No comments:

Post a Comment