Saturday, February 8, 2014

florida on my mind. #2

Our friends were a huge part of our life in Florida. Trying to fit everyone in is kind of tricky at times. However, my second week there (while my mom was working) I visited with some friends. By this point in the trip I was slacking with my pictures, so I've not captured them all.


My friend Stephanie and I have a tradition of Rita's. We went to get some and waited at the window way longer than I'd like to admit before we realized there was a sign on the window. They were closed because it was "cold."

However, my time with each one of them was good for my soul. I was able to catch up, have some deep conversations, share about life, and pray with them.





Spending time with these friends this trip I've realized how much their hearts have changed. It was so neat to see how God has been answering our prayers for them. Prayers we prayed before we moved away. Prayers that we still pray. They are being answered. It was a humbling moment for me to realize that I didn't have to be there to be a part of the journey of their changed heart. God did that all without my help and without Andrew's help. It was one of the best take-aways from the trip for me. 

Oh, and I took in a drag show.

No comments:

Post a Comment