Tuesday, February 11, 2014

wedding rings

This week as I was helping Cooper get dressed, my engagement and wedding rings accidentally scratched him. It stirred up some {fake} tears on his behalf. But it also stirred up a fun conversation.


"Why is it a wedding ring?"
    -It's a ring that daddy gave to me when we got married. It tells other people that I am daddy's, and no guy can take me away from him. Daddy has one, too

"He does? Why?"
     -For the same reason. It tells others that daddy is mine. That tells other girls that they can't take daddy away from me.

"What happens if a girl takes daddy away?"
      -That means we wouldn't get to see him like we do now. He wouldn't live with us anymore.

"His ring means no boys can take him, either, right?"
     - {while laughing} Right.


This LOVE week, I'm thankful for a husband who gladly wears his wedding ring. I'm thankful for a husband who shows others his heart is taken. I'm thankful for a faithful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment