Friday, February 7, 2014

florida on my mind. #1

This past Thanksgiving I got homesick. Really homesick. Andrew and I tossed around the idea of us going to Florida the week between Christmas and New Years. We landed with Andrew wasn't going to go, but I might. Then my brother visited one weekend in December and I realized just how homesick I really was. So  I announced I was going to drive to Florida with Cooper, by myself. And I was going to. It would have been completely worth the long drive.

Then my mom found a fantastic deal on a flight, but I had to stay in Florida for 2 weeks instead of 1. 
#Bummer


The first week I was there my mom did not have to work. So, that week I pretty much dedicated to my family and Andrew's. 

We did Christmas together.


We lounged.
Mom found this little monkey in the garage and put it in Cooper's stocking. It was supposed to grow in water. He obsessed over it a couple of days. When we finally put it in water, it never grew. 

Mom and Dad now have fancy couches.
Cooper fell asleep while Gramma read to him one afternoon.

We saw a Christmas light spectacular.
Coop rode up front with Grampsy

Mom and I rode in the bed of the truck.



We went to Bush Gardens.







We played on some bounce houses.




We cheered on UCF. They won!




We went to the aquarium.










We played lincoln logs.

I took Gramma shopping.

Cooper played with trains.

We went to the beach.














We played with cousins.


We went to the park.







We took in the glory of the sunshine.

Cooper took this picture, but I think the sun shining is perfect.

We ate some publix cake.
If you have not had publix cake, do yourself a favor and have some next time you are around a publix.


Our time with each other and our family was wonderful. It filled the homesick holes in my heart. It gave us some good vitamin D. It reminded us how much we have to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment