Friday, August 24, 2012

being known & photo dump

Relationships.

We all want to know and be known...which actually translates in my life to love and be loved.  I desire a connectedness that comes from being known and loved.

There is a shape in all of us that only God can fill.  There is also a shape in us that God created that only other people can fill.

And when they really know and love you, they will see the good, the bad, the ugly....and they will still be by your side.  
"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you..."Romans 15:7
And they will call you out when you've done wrong....so you can grow.
"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is Christ." Ephesians 4:15

And, when all hell breaks loose in your life, they will give you stability.  
Truth is, we are all going to stumble.
"Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come..."Luke 17:1
If I have people keeping me stable, maybe I'll be less likely to stumble out of church, my marriage, and relationships.
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.  But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up." Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10

And God gives us these friendships so we can help each other when we really need it.  So none of our needs go unmet.  So his glory can be shown in our actions to one another.
"I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread." Psalm 37:25
"They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need." Acts 2: 45

What the unbelievers of this world need is for us, the believers, to have these kinds of relationships.  The unbelievers ability to believe is wrapped up in my/your/our behavior.

This year I have been a bit scarred in relationships.  My prayer for myself, and you reading this, is that you are able to find people in your life that will know you, love you, serve you, and celebrate with you.  And that you will know them, love them, serve them, and celebrate them.



there is a train at our park. here's cooper waving bye to me.

we also have this ride at our park.


at a harry potter party.


my current reads


another ride at the park.





1 comment:

  1. I'm stealing the Harry Potter photo and posting it to FB. It is so cute I can hardly stand it.

    ReplyDelete