Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tell Cooper

This weekend I celebrated my birthday and I've been thinking back on my life, how good it's been, the struggles I've had, still have, will have. I've been thinking of friendships, some still going strong, some lost. I've been thinking of how my life is but a vapor. How one day my body will be no more.  But my memories made with you will go on. There may come a time when my life here on earth will be no more.  If so, it will be up to you, my friends, to let Cooper know who his mommy was.

So, if something ever happens to me...

Show Cooper this blog.  Let him know my thoughts on raising him, my thoughts on life, on God, and how much I loved his daddy.

Give him my journals.  I want him to know how imperfect I was, and how much I relied on God's grace every day. 

Tell him my nickname for his was "bug".

Tell him I loved it when he would hug and kiss me.

Tell him my favorite face of his was his half smile and dimples, just like his daddy.

Take him to the beach.  It's the spot that always rejuvenates my soul.

And take him to Disney...but I'm pretty sure daddy has that one covered.


Show him pictures, tell him stories...the good, the bad, the ugly, the funny.

Make sure he knew my favorites: yellow, chocolate chip cookies, iced coffee, The Holiday, gerber daisies and sunflowers, and a good book curled up with a blanket.

Tell him how positive I was that God was going to do something big through him.

Play country music for him, and my guilty pleasure: Black Eyed Peas.

Give Andrew cooking lessons, or just always know to bring dinner.  The boy doesn't cook, has no desire to ever do it, and I don't want Cooper eating fast food for the rest of his life.

If all else fails, eat ice cream.

Never be too cool to be silly.

Always find ways to have fun.

Make sure he is travels.

Tell him to be adventurous.  Even if it's something as simple as cutting off all your hair.

And most importantly...have dance parties with him. 


2 comments:

  1. Great post! You're such a good mom Chandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me teary! Might be the hormones talking lol that was a really nice post!!

    ReplyDelete