Monday, August 27, 2012

Where two or more are gathered.

Last week I heard the verse, "For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them." - Matthew 18:20 and I had an "aha" moment.

It hit me, God's in our home, always.  He's in our car rides, our shopping trips, our day to day life.

Some of you are thinking, "well....duh."

But I've always imagined that verse applying to church or bible study.  I've never thought about it in the context of my every day life.

It's hardly ever that I'm alone anymore.  I've always got this cute little sidekick with me now.  And when it's not just him and I, Andrew's there, too. And we are a family that believes God is who he says he is, and we want our actions to reflect and honor God.

Sooooo....

When we are together, God's there, too.

When we have friends over to hang out, God's there, too.

When we're playing with Cooper, God's there, too.

When we're around the dinner table, God's there, too.

When we're driving down the road, listening to the tractor song for the 10th time that day, God's there, too.


When I've got a bad attitude toward my husband because it's 2am and he doesn't hear Cooper crying, God's there, too.

When I'm getting ready to yell at Cooper because he peed under the table for the 34,945th time, God's there, too.

Those last two sting, don't they?

Having that perspective throughout my day has rocked my world a bit.  

Think about it. Work at it.  Let me know what happens in your world when you think about that in your every day, not just at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment