Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One year later.

Today is Andrew's 1 Year anniversary at NewPointe.

It serves as a time of reflection.

Reflection of how proud I am of Andrew.

He is doing a job that he is passionate about. He gets to work with people he loves and respects.  He has grown professionally at the church and in his design business.  At the church he has started re-branding, re-doing the logo, website, weekly handouts, and a whole bunch of other things that I can't list because it would take me all day.  In his design business, he has added websites, business rebranding, a Gap shirt, and a book cover and typesetting of it to his portfolio.  He has taken on every extra job that has come his way, allowing me the privilege to stay home with Cooper.  While that extra work has created a bit of an unbalanced life (working late nights at home take away time from his physical health, and our family time together) I am so grateful that he has put mine and Cooper's interests in the forefront of his mind, doing his church job and side job for us.

Reflection of changes.

The most obvious change is Cooper.  It's crazy to me how much he has changed this year.  People in FL who haven't seen him remember him a a boy he is no longer.  He is so different.

A year ago is was a diaper-wearing, pacifier-sucking, few-words to be spoken, 18 month old.





Today he is a monkey-loving, undie-wearing, talks-my-ear-off, 2 and 1/2 year old.





And then there's me.

My hair is longer, I have bangs, and my heart is so different than it was a year ago.  It is less bitter, less angry, less hurt.  God has put the right people in my life to challenge me and give me new perspective on so many things in life.  I have been through many different emotions after moving, and I think my heart and mind are starting to settle.  I have felt fresh and renewed lately.  Maybe that's just knowing that fall is right around the corner...I LOVE fall.

Our marriage is different.  Something about moving away from pretty much everyone you know and being on your own creates a different relationship.  There have been times we had no one else to talk to but each other.  It has kind of forced us into a different level of friendship with each other.  I have felt most confident about Andrew, myself, and our marriage this year.

Sometimes I look back at where we were last year, and I get a bit sad, especially thinking about how quickly Cooper is changing and growing.  Our time with him really is limited.  And of course I miss our friendships, our families, our home, the beach.

But mostly I'm just thankful.  Thankful that we are right where we are.  Thankful my heart is different.  Thankful for the challenges and changes we've gone through.  Thankful for our new friendships and church family.  Thankful for the change of seasons and beautiful scenery around us.   Thankful that God has proven himself faithful this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment