Wednesday, August 15, 2012

#CID12

Community. Impact. Day. 2012

Closing the church's doors.
Opening our hearts and hands to the community.
Serving.
Cleaning.
Washing.
Landsacping.
Visiting.
Painting.
Making and Impact.
Teaching this boy about why we serve.

"We don't want to be a church known for our size, but the size of our hearts." - Dwight Mason

I'm not really sure exactly how many lives were impacted because of the people serving this day.  I can tell you there were 1930+ volunteers at 160 job sites in 4 counties.

And I can tell you for sure that my heart was touched that day.  I fell more in love with the people I served with.  I fell most in love with my church family.  At the after party, during both worship and fireworks, I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes as I thought about how blessed we are to call this church our home, and that these people get to be our family during this time of our life.


#CID12
Search that on google and you will see what an awesome day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment