Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Family Friends

In college God blessed me with incredible friends. I had the pleasure of getting to know 4 other wonderful girls (now women). I always find great pleasure in spending time with these four girls because they know a different me than most anyone else. Everyone I’ve met since college knows me as a wife, and now as a wife and mother. However, these friends know me before any of that. They were able to experience me trying to find my way through life one my own for the first time during my college years. They know the me who was completely silly and at times way emotional. We have watched each other fall in love, get married, and now we all have babies. We have managed to get together often since graduating, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to do. However, this time was the first time we all got together with of our husbands, and all of our babies. It turned out to be an exhausting day, but it was still wonderful. It turned out to be great timing as Andrew and I are getting ready to move. Allison, Amanda, Erin, and Liz, I love you more than you know. I miss having you close. I love that when we get together it picks us like we were never apart. I can’t wait until we can leave the kids at home and go cruising together.

Everyone pretty much knows Cooper, so let me introduce you to the other characters of today’s story.

Meet Molli.


Molli is a sweet ball of energy. She seemed to spend a large part of her day by the basket of toys (sometimes in it). She loved to take out all of the toys and spend a little time with each one. She interacted with the other children well. Molli also makes a quite adorable growling sound. She smiled the whole day and loved the attention and love from any one of us. Erin and Myles, you have a wonderful daughter with such a great personality. I am excited to see how she ends up using all that energy and excitement to serve the Lord.

Meet Addison.

Addison is a picture of quiet beauty. She loves to observe what’s going on around her, not minding at all that her hands being in her mouth is causing her cute outfits to be drenched in drool. She has the cutest rolls, all over, except her belly. That’s because every time she is laid on her back she pulls herself into a crunch position and hangs out like that, sometimes moving her legs back and forth. I dare you to go try that yourself. Just hang out like that for a minute straight, and kick your legs back and forth. Addison also makes the cutest pout face right before she gets upset and starts crying. She also loves to be with her mom and is contented in Amanda’s arms. Amanda and Drew, I believe that one day the Lord will add strength to the quiet beauty of Addison. She is a beautiful girl who is going to do great things.

Meet Elijah.

Elijah is a younger boy version of Molli. He is always making loud excited noises and so excited about everything that’s going on around him. Basically, Elijah is a ball of fun. Liz and Kayne, I envision your son growing into someone who is the life of the party. I can see him making everyone laugh and good times following him everywhere he goes. I know he will use those talents to bring others to Christ.

Meet Judah.

Judah is the smallest of the bunch and he completely stole my heart in just the few short hours we spent together. It was so fun watching him and observing him. He’s got such small features and big eyes that take in everything around him. He is calm, easy-going, and relaxed. (I’m sure Jeff and Allison see other sides, but I didn’t see them that day). Jeff and Allison, I love your son and am confident that he is going to grow into a man that honors God in all he does.

Cooper had a rough day. He did not enjoy having a bunch of babies in his territory and having to share his mom and dad’s attention. My current prayer is that Cooper learns to share with and love on others…not matter how he feels.

At the end of the weekend, my heart had swelled and was overflowing with love for each one of these children. To my friends: I love you, I love your husbands, and I love your growing families. Thank you for sharing your weekend with me. It was joyful.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, my brown-eyed boy! Chandra, this post is so sweet and does a great job of capturing the time we had together. I miss everyone already.

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete