Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Missing "Daddy"

Cooper has done really well withoutAndrew around...until this week.

This is the longest time he has been away from his daddy, and I've seen more signs of it affecting him this week.

Monday night Cooper did not got to sleep easily. Cooper has been a great baby when it comes to sleeping. He has been sleeping through the night since he was 8 weeks old, and just falls asleep by himself after we lay him in his crib. However, Monday night he cried. The crying went beyond "normal" and then he started scream crying. So, I got him and brought him into the living room to try and calm him down. Nothing was working. I kept asking him what he wanted, and finally he said, well, cried, "Daddy".


I quickly call Andrew. We're in luck: he's still at the church. So, we do a skype call. As soon as Cooper sees his daddy, he calms down. They talk and play for a while. As soon as we hang up, Cooper starts screaming again. It took me 45 more minutes to get him calm and put down for good.
Then, last night my mom came over to help me pack/take down curtains/wash things. When she walked through the door I said, "Who is it Cooper?" Excitedly, he asked, "Daddy?". No, just Nana.


Needless today, Cooper is really missing his Daddy. It will be wonderful when we're all together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment